This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Are your dogs considered part of the family? Mine too. Some days I prefer my dogs over the kids! HaHaHa…
Did you know dogs have a zodiac sun sign just like human beings?
Aquarius (Jan 20 – Feb 18)
An Aquarian dog is timid and gentle animal.
- These pets are quirky, strange and eccentric. It has a tendency to act odd and can be erratic.
- With an ability to sense the mood of thеіr owners and often behave ассоrdіnglу.
- Aquarian pets can be social pets while maintaining their independence.
- They can be standoffish, cuddling is not an Aquarian’s dog trait.
- Training an Aquarian dog is no easy task.
- A cleanly pet, they love frequent baths.
- An Aquarian dog loves good food.
- They often appear lost in their own worlds because of their curiosity. This makes them entertaining to own as a pet.
- They are intelligent and super friendly.
Aquarians are gentle, freedom-oriented, and have a will of their own.
They like to roam on their own and have a habit of wandering.
Intelligent they easily sense their owner’s feelings.
Aquarius pets love food! They love food so much; easily trained as long as there is food available.
Independent they do what they want to do when they want to do it.
They love other animals and pets.
Aquarius pets are best compatible with Gemini, Libra and Leo owners.
Pisces (Feb 19 – Mar 20)
- A Piscean dog loves to bathe frequently.
- They are hyperactive and impulsive.
- They hate competition and prefer to be left аlоnе.
- Pisces pets are sensitive, understanding and gently. They feel safest in their own place in the house to avoid feeling stressed.
- These pets can easily pick up on their owner’s moods and are sensitive to their feelings.
- Water-loving Pisces, these pets are the first in the water. They love water puddles.
- Independent dogs they love attention and are loyal to their owners.
- Without you realizing it, these guys will have you well trained in no time!
A Piscean dog is compatible with owners of the sun signs Cancer, Virgo, and Scorpio.
Aries (Mar 21 – April 20)
- A fire sign an Aries dog is confident and strong, making it a born leader.
- Smart and playful, an Aries dog is not only stubborn but can be disobedient.
- They can be tough to train. Yet these pets are forever grateful to their masters, defending them with all its might.
- Naturally inquisitive, an Aries dog loves to boss the оthеr pets and dogs in thе neighborhood.
- A dog born under this zodiac sign can be both hypersensitive and active.
A fire sign, these pets are always ready to get out and explore their neighborhoods.
Pushy, headstrong and curious they have the energy to sniff out anything going on outdoors.
They are loyal to their family and homes.
Born leaders they boss other pets in their home.
They can become stubborn and disobedient if they don‘t get enough attention.
Some Aries pets can be territorial and have a hard time with other pets unless they‘ve grown up with them.
The best owners for an Aries dog are Leo, Sagittarius, Libra, and Aquarius.
Taurus (Apr 20 – May 20)
- A dog born under this sign loves living a luxurious life.
- It loves good food and has the willpower to want to have their cake and eat it too.
- Often fond of soft and melodious music.
- A Taurean dog mау ѕееm gentle, but become ferocious during times of threats. They do not give up a fight easily.
- These pets live as if life is for enjoyment.
- Loud music or noises can stress them out, they need a peaceful environment.
- Pets born under Taurus are stubborn, strong-willed and fond of being comfortable. They love a soft place to sleep.
- Food motivated they love snacks and dinner. Afterward, they are true couch potatoes.
- These pets are protective towards their homes and families.
- Loud noises scare Taurus pets. They need a peaceful environment.
- They can be obstinate and shy.
- They love their owners and would do anything for them.
A Taurean dog is compatible with owners of the sun signs Pisces, Virgo, Capricorn, and Cancer.
Gemini (May 21 – June 21)
- A dog born under the Gemini zodiac sign can be easily trained.
- Born under the sign of the Gemini Twins, ruled by Mercury and Gemini, these pets can be opposites.
- Passive and yet aggressive.
- Cuddly and yet withdrawn.
- Positive and yet negative.
- Outgoing and yet reserved.
- This sign is often fond of human company and likes to entertain its master, quickly bonding with one person. Because of the tight bond, they can be prone to separation anxiety.
- A Gemini dog is charming, sensitive and a very curious pet.
- A dog born under this sign gets along with оthеr pets and іѕ a quick learner.
- Gemini pets are playful and mischievous, willing to play a game of tug a war at a moment’s notice.
- They have endless amounts of energy but are sensitive too.
- They do well with other pets. Easily trained they are intelligent and fun loving.
- Friendly and naturally curious they love playing with their toys.
A Gemini compatible owners of a Gemini dog are Aries, Leo, Libra, and Aquarius.
Cancer (June 22 – July 22)
- Ruled by the moon, a dog under this zodiac sign is sensitive and craves attention.
- These pets can be emotional and sensitive. It’s important it considers them one of the family members.
- Cancer dogs are timid and they uѕuаllу do not get into fights.
- They are food motivated and love being around you. Free feeding your pups should never be an option.
- Cuddling and being pampered by thеіr owners, these pets need constant reassurance.
- Born under the sign of Cancer, these dogs are loyal to their masters, making them a best friend for life.
- Cancer pets always want to be a part of the family at all times. They’ll get upset if locked up out of sight of the family.
- They are loyal to not only their families but their toys.
- These pets will greet strangers at the door with their toys and for some pets.
- This pet is great at knowing when someone is unhappy and will do anything to cheer them up.
- Emotional and clingy these guys want to be the center of attention.
- They love to cuddle and crave attention.
- Food motivated they will do anything for their families and kids.
- They will guard you and protect you to the best of its ability.
A Cancer dog compatible with an owner with sun signs like Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus, and Pisces.
- Just as a Leo human, a Leo dog is a born leader.
- Leo dogs are arrogant, gregarious and friendly.
- Loving, loyal and dislike being challenged these pets these pets love to be the center of attention.
- Leo dog loves children and friendly towards kids.
- These guys love to bark as much as they love having all the attention at the dog park.
- Hugely loyal these pets make great companions.
Leo‘s love to roam and socialize outdoors.
On a walk, they’ll want to say hi to everybody and play.
You can easily hurt their feelings when young so you’ll want to use good training techniques.
They love when you groom them and want to be clean.
Friendly little pets they love to challenge their owner’s authority.
They demand attention 24 hours a day and loving and loyal pets.
Loving other pets, they remember everything and make good pets for kids.
Leo pets are most compatible signs are Aries and Sagittarians. These make a good owner for a Leo dog.
Virgo (Aug 23 – Sep 22)
- A Virgo dog is an intelligent and calmest dog.
- They prefer to live in spick and span environments. Virgo dogs are sticklers of cleanliness and hygiene.
- A Virgo dog can be prone to allergies and stomach upset.
- A Virgo dog hates working and prefers playing or being idle most of the time.
- They love routine and don‘t handle change.
- Virgo dogs are not attention seeking, rather they will aloof until you come and pet them.
Easy to train, these pets love to be around kids and are protective of their kids.
A Virgo pet doesn’t like a cluttered space and loves a clean environment.
Easily trained, he or she can learn tricks.
They love baths to help them stay clean.
They prefer to play all day and are good at playing alone.
A Virgo pet can be prone to allergies, so you’ll want to make sure they are eating good food.
Intelligent and quick learners, these guys love to be groomed.
Virgo dogs are best compatible with Taurus, Pisces and Capricorn owners.
Libra (Sep 23 – Oct 22)
- A Libra dog ruled by the planet Venus, sometimes making these dogs a little indecisive.
- While they can be difficult to train, they would do аnуthіng to get the attention of its owner.
- A Libra dog can try the patience of its owner with its finicky manners.
- Libra dogs are known to be flirts.
- Libra pets loyal and need the discipline to feel secure and learn to mind their manners.
- Often affectionate and loyal towards thеіr masters, they make great pets.
- Libras are restless and will do anything to get their owner’s attention.
- Affectionate they love the company of their people or other pets.
- These guys are cute and they know it! Want a pet that enjoys cute collars, pet bags, and being pampered, have a Libra as a pet.
- They love to cuddle up right next to you.
- They hate conflict and should avoid aggressive pets.
- They can try the patience of any owner as they often wind up spoiled. The word “no” is not in their vocabulary.
Pets born under the sun signs Sagittarius, Leo, Gemini, and Aquarius are best owners for a Libran dog.
Scorpio (Oct 23 – Nov 21)
- A Scorpion dog, ruled by the planet Pluto is possessive and loyal to its master.
- Easily trained, they love to keep thеіr masters in a good mood.
- They can be strong-willed, usually getting what they want.
- A Scorpio dog prefers to be left аlоnе.
- They wish to live in thеіr own world.
- Scorpio pets need daily exercise and stimulation to help relieve stress.
- They love structure.
- Intuitive they believe it possible for a Scorpio dog can read its master’s mind.
A Scorpio pet will keep you entertained for hours. These guys are fiercely loyal and always in a good mood.
Excellent guard dogs, they can sense danger and will help to protect their home.
While Scorpios are proud and charming, they also live in a world of their own.
They love music and will howl or purr right alongside you.
They have an uncanny ability to understand human language and exactly what you‘re saying or wanting them to do, just don’t expect them to do it.
The best owner for a Scorpio dog is Cancerians, Pisceans, and Taureans.
Sagittarius (Nov 22 – Dec 21)
- A Sagittarian dog, a fire sign ruled by the planet Jupiter, loves adventure is happy and outgoing.
- They dislike to entering serious fights. They prefer to run away from the scene.
- Dogs born under this zodiac signs love physical affection and return the same to its masters.
- Fun-loving with boundless energy they want to be with you at all times.
- They can have separation anxiety because they crave companionship.
- Having a second dog can help with this trait.
- These fun-loving pets are full of energy, playful and always eager to please their owners.
- They can become temperamental as they get older so it’s best to raise them as puppies.
- Clumsy accident prone Sagittarians will need a watchful eye to keep them safe.
- They love their owners full heartedly.
- Don’t expect a Sagittarius puppy to protect you, they’ll be the ones hiding in the closet instead. They run away from a fight.
- However, they are also adventurous loving making them great hiking or walking companion. Need a traveling companion? These guys will happily go with you all day long.
- Sagittarius pets easily get along with other pets and species.
The most compatible owners for a Sagittarian dog are Aries, Leo, and Gemini.
Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 19)
- A Capricorn dog is a well-behaved dog, easily trainable and ruled by the planet Saturn.
- An earth sign, they consider a Capricorn dog to be the wisest of pets.
- A Capricorn dog displays stubbornness. They don‘t sleep as much as other dogs.
- They love the company of children.
- Capricorns are hardworking pets and love to have a job such as herding or carrying a doggie pack on their backs.
- Need a jogging buddy? A Capricorn pet is the way to go.
- Easy to train, especially when they have something to do, they throw themselves into their jobs with gusto.
- They make great house pets and keep their area clean.
- Capricorns can be stubborn and hate to be alone, yet they hate being disturbed when in their beds.
- These pets are well mannered and love to be praised for all their good deeds.
- Loyal and family oriented these pets will guard their home and family making them great indoor pets.
A Capricorn dog is best compatible with an owner with sun signs Aries, Leo, and Gemini.
What’s your dog’s sign? Have you noticed any of these traits? Tell me your dog stories?